My Travel Diaries - Goa!

Sorry guys, I know its been a while since I wrote anything here. I'm back from my trip to Goa, back to college and its already hectic, crazily! After about 4 semesters of consecutive classes in the evening, I have classes that start from 8am this semester, everyday.. However, more of that and I'll choke on my own words.. So how was Goa?

THE BEST TRIP I EVER HAD!

And why is that? Because I had the best company there, my best friends and amazing jovial people, who'd just leave their worries aside and sing and dance at one go! Absolutely uninhibited.. I tried that, and I loved it all! Shedding the inhibition, celebrating the mischief and getting over fears is among the things I'll always remember..

We stayed at Margao, with the Antaos, my friend Noelle's place.. a welcome stay, with the most amazing food, with a li'l too much variety each day! We had all kinds of fish - Kingfish, Mackarel, Pomfret, Shark, Calamari (which is a squid or baby octopus..), all kinds of meat - Chicken, Turkey, Pork, Beef, Mutton, new kinds of preparations - Goan curry, Xacuti, Vindalho.. and so many kinds of beverages, need I mention here..?

We went to a number of beaches - Benaulim, Colva, Miramar, Calangute, Baga, Palolem.. then we visited the street-side market place, including a mini-Tibetan market, where we bargained heavily, sometimes successfully, sometimes left frustrated.. ate at so many places - Martin's Corner, Johncy's, China gate.. saw the old churches in Old Goa - the Basilica of Bom Jesus, Se Cathedral, St. Augustine's Cathedral..

Then we went boating out into Mobor where we saw dolphins! That was pretty kind of them to show up and put up a nice show for us, galloping in free waters..

Anyways, I achieved a welcoming feat, by overcoming my fear of water.. I do not know how I did this, but I stayed in water, considerably deeper waters, for more than 3 hours! Dragged my friends into it too.. I was loving it, and was fearless!

So guys, if you haven't yet tried Goa, which might be a rare case.. considering it a world-renowned tourist spot in India! But still, if you haven't, pack your backpack, take plenty of sunscreen, put up your glares and hats and set out.. the experience of a lifetime!


Camera is a must need here, for beauties, sea and everything else!

The most passionately played game in India!

Me and a friend, out near the sea.. but what more so beautiful than the sunset behind my head?

Paragliding.. an adventure sport we mastered, overcoming yet another fear!

Amazing fresh prawns with 'Paav' made my day on the boat-ride to Mobor!

Christmas with the Antaos

Overcame my fear of water in the clear and reassuring water of Calangute!

Summary of everything I did in the last 20 days of 2011

Those 3 crazy lunatics up in the air would be my best 3 friends!

Old Goa was such a beauty for reasons such as these.. Basilica de Bom Jesus

At Benaulim beach, with friends!

Calamari (Squid/Octopus) from Johncy's, at Benaulim beach

Dolphins off the coast in Mobor!


The Gang, people who made the trip unforgettable.

Comments

  1. If you're serious about sanctification, you can expect to experience heart-wrenching moments that try your faith, your endurance, and your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To travel a circle is to journey over the same ground time and time again. To travel a circle wisely is to journey over the same ground for the first time. In this way, the ordinary becomes extraordinary, and the circle, a path to where you wish to be. And when you notice at last that the path has circled back into itself, you realize that where you wish to be is where you have already been ... and always were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks amazing and even more fabulous blog.Superb! Generally I never read whole articles but the way you wrote this information & the pictures of your trip i really liked it is simply amazing and this kept my interest in reading and I enjoyed it.one suggestion for you please insert all this images in one personalized photo books to make them more beautiful.

    Thanks a lot for sharing
    Kaolinite

    ReplyDelete
  4. The travel diariy of Goa is given in the post here. Interesting post

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing and attractive pictures. i loved this blog. i am bookmarking this. Dhow Cruise Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  6. we can say that this is one of the aweosmistic trip they must enjoyed.
    Dhow cruise Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is your rocking picnic in Goa.

    If your planning to visit another picnic then do visit with Experiential Tourism concept in India.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Diaries - Varanasi, Chunar and Sarnath

Delhi Haat and the Hauz Khas Village @ Delhi